Wednesday, March 31, 2010

many faces of Hayden

I took these pictures of Hayden last month. She's pretty precious these days. She's just at a fun age where she's really interactive, but can't really disobey and i don't have to discipline her yet. Boo on being a disciplinarian. Thumbs up on the rest of mommyhood.
i'm sweet
huh?
yeesh
yay life is awesome!
clapping my hands is my favorite trick
what are you looking at?

Regarding that last picture...a little sassiness is starting to emerge from this little angel. If I ask her to come to me she gets this twinkle in her eye like, "maybe i will or maybe i won't." She has major melt downs when her diaper has to be changed (kicking, thrashing, wailing) and once it's over she goes right back to her sweet self. When Liam strips her of a toy she attempts to defend herself and shreaks and whops him with her chubby little hands. Then Liam looks at me like aren't you going to do something about her behavior? She's so dramatic in the morning when she's waiting for me to get her cup of milk. She yells "EEEEEEEE! AHHHHHH! over and over and over.

Her hair is growing like crazy! A couple of pics:
see the little wings of hair by her ears? and yum to chocolate pie.
bed head

What's really going on right now...
Will's working A LOT. A resident in his department had to leave the program so Will was moved up to a second year spot for the next quarter (April through June). Second year residents are the junior to the chief of neurosurgery. They carry the pager for the chief's service 24 hours a day and get a break every other weekend.

His week so far: Monday he worked from 5:30 am to 7:00 pm with a couple of pages in the night. Tuesday he worked from 5:30 am to 11:00 pm. Today he worked from 5:30 am to 6:30 pm but just got a page at 10:30 and went back in for the night. So I'm at home right now thinking, ok we can do this. we signed up for this. we knew this was coming. it's only a season of life. don't cry.

3 comments:

  1. 2 things:

    First, Hayden is absolutely adorable!! Love that "Sassy" picture :) and the chocolate pie pic!! Precious.

    Second, I can only imagine how hard these next couple of months will be. I will definitely keep you on my prayer list. You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Residency is the tryingest (yes, it's a word! Now!) time... I'll be thinking of you guys and your presh little ones whom I'm sure miss Daddy! I'm a phone call (or lunch at the park) away, Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, girl! I'm so sorry. I will pray for you, too. Hayden--too cute!!
    Kimberly is right: you can do it! God be with you.

    ReplyDelete